The Motorola GP340 is the industry standard analogue two way radio. One of the world's best selling radios and has proven to be one of the world's strongest - built to military standards. Motorola GP340 boasts an enviable set of featrues and Mortorola GP340 has been the choice of the professional radio user since it's release - over a decade ago.
Soon to be cancelled: Whilst we have a large stockholding remaining, the Motorola GP340 is has officially been cancelled by Motorola. A logical basic alternative is the Motoorla DP1400. However, if you'd like a more advanced radio, the Motorola DP4400e is the most logical alternative.
Last 100 Brand New: We have around 100x brand new Motorola GP340 radios left. They are brand new and supplied with a battery, antenna and belt clip.
Motorola GP340 Features
Here's some of the notable features of the GP340, which must be programmed by Radiotronics at time of purchase.
- Transmit Power: You can transmit calls at different power levels. Higher power allows you to communicate with radios further away. Lower power levels conserve battery. Power level can be set using a hi/low power (programmed) button. Power can also be set per individual channel.
- Whisper: Whisper allows you to talk extremely quietly into the radio's microphone or an external earpiece when the PTT is pushed.
- Call Forward: You can forward calls which are destined for your radio to another radio if you're unable to take calls or are away from your radio.
- Voice Operation (VOX): To use voice operation, a VOX compatible accessory, remote speaker microphone or earpiece must be connected to the GP340. With the VOX accessory connected and VOX switched on simply start talking. There's also VOX manual intervention where you can use the radio's PTT button to manually invoke a call.
- Transmit Inhibit: To disable the transmission on a specific channel, at time of programming, simply select the TX inhibit option. This will ensure that the channel is set to recieve only and accidental transmit cannot occur.
- Busy Channel: The radio can be set up to be unable to transmit when there's already anther radio transmitting. This avoids "transmission collisions" which can, in extreme circumstances, damage the radio. This feature is mainly useful to tell the user that the channel is currently busy.
- Channel Scan Function: The GP340 scan function allows quick channel scaning with multiple scan stop and pause options. Talkback option allows you to transmit on the channel you last stopped on. You can also delete a nuisance channel in the scan, so that it will be ignored in future.
- Lone Worker: The GP340 Lone Worker function allows the radio to require some type of activity at a specified interval. An example is that the radio requires interaction every 30-minutes. If no interaction occurs, the GP340 can be set to send out a distress tone.
- Emergency Call: The GP340 can be programmed to give a one-button-press quick access to send a distress call. This would usually be programmed into the red /orange button on the top of the GP340.
- Selective Call: The GP340 can be programmed to make a sellective call, also known as individual call, to a specific radio. That's a semi-private conversation between two radios.
- Simple CTCSS & DCS: CTCSS and DCS allow the radio to block out unwanted signals by only accepting an incoming transmission when it contains the CTCSS or DCS information it expects. This helps to reduce interference and sometimes eliminate unwanted incoming calls.
This is not the ATEX version. The Motorola GP340Ex is a different product and can be found on our website here - Motorola GP340-Ex.
Included In The GP340 Box
- Motorola GP340 VHF or UHF Radio
- Motorola GP340 Antenna
- Motorola GP340 Battery
- Motorola GP340 Belt Clip
- Motorola GP340 Dust Cover
- *No Charger Included - Charger Options Available
Not in retail packaging. This item is supplied in a plain box.
Some of our competitors are selling used or refurbished Motorola GP340 radios. However, our Motorola GP340 radios are brand new.
This product carries a 12-month Return to Base warranty.
FREE Radio ID Labels Supplied & Applied
For no extra cost, we supply labels with all of our radios.
Our labels are unique in that they have a space where you can write on them with a sharpie-type permanent marker. You can either use this space to write a radio number or apply a dymo label for example. These labels ate 100% free of charge
Don't Want FREE Radio ID Labels?
Note: If you would prefer that we did not apply these labels to your radios, you must tell us when ordering as they are non-removable.
Here is a list of the known GP340 models.
Motorola GP340 Button & Control Diagram
Here's a quick guide to the GP340, including buttons and knobs etc.
||Channel Selector Knob
||On/Off Volume Knob
||Programmable Side Button 1
||Push to talk (PTT) Paddle
||Programmable Side Button 2
||Programmable Side Button 3
||Top Programmable / Emergency Button
||LED Status Indicator
||GP340 Accessory Connector
Tough Battery Slot
GP340 has a very durable battery slots at the base of the housing at the back.
Quick Release Latches
GP340 batteries have strong quick release battery latches on the battery.
Ofcom Licence Options
All licensed radios require a licence issued by Ofcom. Radiotronics can facilitate that and make the application on your behalf. Below are the licence options.
|Ofcom Licence Options|
|Security / Construction
||Hospitality / Bars etc.
|£75 for 5 years
||£75 for 5 years
||£75 for 5 years
|3 shared assigned channels that can be used anywhere in the UK. Any of our handheld two way radios can be programmed to SImple UK.
||Up to 15 shared channels that can only be used at your premises. Any of our handheld two way radios can be programmed to SImple Site.
||Up to 15 shared channels that can be used for rental companies anywhere in the UK.
||Unique channels technically assigned only to you. Used for repeater based systems.
A note on licensed frequencies. The Ofcom licence you hold or buy denotes the frequency your radios will operate on. If you already have some radios and you would like your new radios programmed the work together, please select technically assigned, and email us your ofcom licence details to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If in doubt, please call us on 01425 533 533.