Midland G15 is a high quality licence free two way radio from Midland/CTE. At only 10cm high and weighing only 227g, the Midland G15 is one of the most compact licence free radios on the market today.
Combining the latest technology in radio communication along with a sturdy mechanical frame, Midland G15 is the ideal and effective solution for the professionals who need to stay in touch with the working team (in construction sites, buildings, shows, trade fairs or hotels) or for leisure users that just want to keep up with friends and family.
Midland G15 PRG-G15 Programming software (optional)
Thanks to Midland PRG-G15 Programming software, it is possible to increase the performance of your radio or to reduce its functionality by enabling or disabling some features (CTCSS, TOT, VOX, ROGER BEEP, SQUELCH, VOICE...). Radiotronics offer the PRG-G15 software as an option when buying the radio. The user will only need one software package to customise multiple radios - order one radio with software and the remainder without.
- PMR446 Licence Free
- IP67 certified: the housing protects the device from dust and from water infiltration up to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Output power: ≤ 500mW ERP
- Channel spacing: 12.5KHz
- Channel Scan
- Vocal tuning
- Roger Beep
- Battery save
- Vox (Voice Activation)
Included (In The Box)
Midland G15 Functions
- Encoder: rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise to select the desired channel
- Power/volume knob- turn clockwise to power on and increase the volume level. Turn counter-clockwise to decrease the volume level and power off.
- Built-in microphone
- Led indicator: RED: TX; GREEN: RX.
- Emergency button (it can be activated through the programming software)
- PTT: push this button to transmit, release it to receive.
- Function key 1: Short pressure: Monitor function activation. Long pressure: VOX function activation
- Function key 2: Long pressure: SCAN function activation
- External Speaker/Mic Jack- allows the connection with external devices such as headsets, microphones.
Coverage / Range
The maximum range depends on terrain condition and is obtained during use in an open space. The only limitation to maximum possible range are environmental factors such as blockage caused by trees,buildings, or other obstructions. Inside a car or a metallic constructions, the range can be reduced. Normally the coverage in the city, with buildings or other obstructions is no more than 800 meters. In open space but with obstructions like trees, leaves or houses the maximum possible range is about 4-6 Km. This is purely an estimate and may be reduced based on a number of things.