Icom F1000 is Icom's entry level VHF radio, but absolutely PACKED with features. To summarise, the IC-F1000 features man down feature, lone worker, emergency alarm and voice announcements; all features only previously found on much more expensive radios. On top of that, it's waterproof to IP67 standards; that means you can literally drop it in a swimming pool and it will survive. Lastly, the Icom IC-F1000 radio has 5-tone signalling and scrambler privacy setting which allows almost completely undecipherable audio to ensure maximum security and privacy. Never before has a radio been quite so feature rich for such little money.
|Icom IC-F1000 / Icom IC-F2000 Series Line Up
|No Display, No Keypad
||Full Display, 4-Key Keypad
||Full Display, Full Keypad
Icom IC-F1000 Features
- IP67 Waterproof and Dust-Tight: This radio can be used safely in high humidity areas including swimming pools. It's also suitable for outdoors in the rain use by security and stewards.
- 14 Hours Continuous Use: The F1000/F2000 can be used for a maximum of 14 hours* continuously using the supplied battery pack fully charged and in power-save mode.
* Calculation: * RX : TX : Standby => 5 : 5 : 90.
- Channel Announcement: When you rotate the channel / rotary selector, the radio verbally announces the channel you've selected. This is so you can change channel when the radio is hidden discreetly and you're using an earpiece or headset.
- Loud and Clear: The F2000 has a large 36mm front speaker which gives an impressive 800mW of audio power. The F1000 also has a built in bridged-mono transformer-less BTL amplifier delivering loud and intelligible audio to a radio operator in a noisy environment.
- Compact, lightweight "handportable" business radio
- Available in 6 versions to suit business requirements
- IP67 Waterproof and Dust-tight Protection (1 metre depth for 30 mins)
- Built-in Motion Sensor (man down feature)
With a built-in motion sensor, the IC-F1000/F2000 series can detect its position, state of motion and non-motion and can send an emergency signal. The motion function detects if the transceiver is moving or shaking, for example, during a chase. Lone worker and man down functions are programmable.
- Easy to Hear in a Noisy Environment
The large 36mm speaker of the transceiver provides clear companded 800 mW audio. The built-in BTL amplifier doubles the audio output power and delivers loud and intelligible voice to a radio operator working in noisy environments.
- Inversion Voice Scrambler
The built-in inversion voice scrambler provides secure conversation. Up to 16 codes are selectable.
- 14 Hours of Operating Time with Supplied Waterproof Battery (Battery Options)
- Quiet Stand-by and More
The IC-F1000/F2000 series has built-in 2-Tone, 5-Tone, CTCSS and DTCS signalling capabilities for group communication and selective calling.
- Channel Announcement
When you rotate the channel knob, the radio announces the channel number. Convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio.
- 8 DTMF autodial memories
- BIIS PTT ID and emergency call
- “Shift key” function increases number of programmable key assignments
- Surveillance function
- Escalating alarm
Icom IC-F1000 Functions
Icom IC-F1000 Accessory Cover
Ofcom Licence Options
All licensed radios require a licence issued by Ofcom. Radiotronics can facilitate that and make the application on your behalf. Below are the licence options.
|Ofcom Licence Options|
|Security / Construction
||Hospitality / Bars etc.
|£75 for 5 years
||£75 for 5 years
||£75 for 5 years
|3 shared assigned channels that can be used anywhere in the UK. Any of our handheld two way radios can be programmed to SImple UK.
||Up to 15 shared channels that can only be used at your premises. Any of our handheld two way radios can be programmed to SImple Site.
||Up to 15 shared channels that can be used for rental companies anywhere in the UK.
||Unique channels technically assigned only to you. Used for repeater based systems.
A note on licensed frequencies. The Ofcom licence you hold or buy denotes the frequency your radios will operate on. If you already have some radios and you would like your new radios programmed the work together, please select technically assigned, and email us your ofcom licence details to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If in doubt, please call us on 0345 0 955 955.