The Motorola GP340 is the industry standard analogue two way radio. One of the world's best selling radios and has proven to be one of the world's strongest - built to military standards. Motorola GP340 boasts an enviable set of featrues and Mortorola GP340 has been the choice of the professional radio user since it's release - over a decade ago.
New Version: The Motorola GP340 is soon to be replaced by the Motorola DP1400.
Motorola GP340 Features
Here's some of the notable features of the GP340, which must be programmed by Radiotronics at time of purchase.
- Transmit Power: You can transmit calls at different power levels. Higher power allows you to communicate with radios further away. Lower power levels conserve battery. Power level can be set using a hi/low power (programmed) button. Power can also be set per individual channel.
- Whisper: Whisper allows you to talk extremely quietly into the radio's microphone or an external earpiece when the PTT is pushed.
- Call Forward: You can forward calls which are destined for your radio to another radio if you're unable to take calls or are away from your radio.
- Voice Operation (VOX): To use voice operation, a VOX compatible accessory, remote speaker microphone or earpiece must be connected to the GP340. With the VOX accessory connected and VOX switched on simply start talking. There's also VOX manual intervention where you can use the radio's PTT button to manually invoke a call.
- Transmit Inhibit: To disable the transmission on a specific channel, at time of programming, simply select the TX inhibit option. This will ensure that the channel is set to recieve only and accidental transmit cannot occur.
- Busy Channel: The radio can be set up to be unable to transmit when there's already anther radio transmitting. This avoids "transmission collisions" which can, in extreme circumstances, damage the radio. This feature is mainly useful to tell the user that the channel is currently busy.
- Channel Scan Function: The GP340 scan function allows quick channel scaning with multiple scan stop and pause options. Talkback option allows you to transmit on the channel you last stopped on. You can also delete a nuisance channel in the scan, so that it will be ignored in future.
- Lone Worker: The GP340 Lone Worker function allows the radio to require some type of activity at a specified interval. An example is that the radio requires interaction every 30-minutes. If no interaction occurs, the GP340 can be set to send out a distress tone.
- Emergency Call: The GP340 can be programmed to give a one-button-press quick access to send a distress call. This would usually be programmed into the red /orange button on the top of the GP340.
- Selective Call: The GP340 can be programmed to make a sellective call, also known as individual call, to a specific radio. That's a semi-private conversation between two radios.
- Simple CTCSS & DCS: CTCSS and DCS allow the radio to block out unwanted signals by only accepting an incoming transmission when it contains the CTCSS or DCS information it expects. This helps to reduce interference and sometimes eliminate unwanted incoming calls.
The Motorola GP340Ex is a different product and can be found on our website here - Motorola GP340-Ex.
Included In The GP340 Box
- Motorola GP340 VHF or UHF Radio
- Motorola GP340 Antenna
- Motorola GP340 NiMH Battery
- Motorola GP340 Belt Clip
- Motorola GP340 Dust Cover
- *No Charger Included - Charger Options Available
Not in retail packaging. This item is supplied in a plain box.
Refurbished, Like New
Motorola GP340 is now discotinued by Motorola. Here at Radiotronics we are able to rebuild GP340 radios using refurbished components. We completely rehouse the GP340 with a new housing cover, new swicthes and knobs. Since we are using refurbished interior parts, we are transparent and mark it as "refurbished". Howeve, the GP340 we sell looks brand new and is supplied with a brand new battery, brand new antenna and brand newbelt clip.
This is a refurbished product and carries a 3-month Return to Base warranty.
Here is a list of the known GP340 models.
Motorola GP340 Button & Control Diagram
Here's a quick guide to the GP340, including buttons and knobs etc.
||Channel Selector Knob
||On/Off Volume Knob
||Programmable Side Button 1
||Push to talk (PTT) Paddle
||Programmable Side Button 2
||Programmable Side Button 3
||Top Programmable / Emergency Button
||LED Status Indicator
||GP340 Accessory Connector
Tough Battery Slot
GP340 has a very durable battery slots at the base of the housing at the back.
Quick Release Latches
GP340 batteries have strong quick release battery latches on the battery.